All students in University housing receive email reminders of the date and time by which they must be out of their rooms. Residence halls will close for non-graduating students at 12 noon on Saturday, May 21 after the conclusion of the final exams period. Residence halls will close for graduating students at 12 noon on Monday, May 30 after Commencement.
Students who have had any prohibited items confiscated by the offices of Residential Life or Environmental Health and Safety during the health and safety inspection process are responsible for retrieving these items prior to their departure for the summer break. Please contact our office at 401-863-3502 to make arrangements for pick up. All unclaimed items will be discarded after closing.
To avoid additional fees:
- Vacate your room by the closing date and time. Residents who fail to vacate prior to that time without prior approval from the Office of Residential Life will incur a late occupancy fee of $150/day.
- Ensure all university furniture is in your room - bed, mattress, desk, chair, bookcase, bureau, trash can, and recycling bin. Rehang drapes or shades if you removed them.
- Remove all adhesives and marks from walls, ceilings, floors and doors.
- Take all your personal rugs and furnishings with you. Double-check dressers, closets and desks to insure you have everything. Remove all trash from your room. Please do not leave trash in the hallway. There are 15 additional dumpsters outside of residence halls for your convenience.
- Lock your door behind you when you leave.
- Return your key(s) no later than the closing date and time to avoid a lock change. All lock change fees will be charged to the resident's student account.
|Late Occupancy Fine||$150.00/Person/Day|
|Keys not returned by Deadline||$100.00|
|Lock Change||Range $120.00 - $350.00|
|Trash||Up to $100.00/Person|
|Wall Paint||Up to $250.00/Wall|
|Door Paint||Up to $75.00/Side|
|Ceiling Paint||Up to $400.00/Room|
|Floor||Up to $1000.00/Room|
|Windows||Up to $500.00/Room|
|Shade/Screens||Up to $75.00 Each|
|Bed Frame||Up to $150.00|
|Mattress||Up to $150.00|
|Dresser||Up to $350.00|
|Desk||Up to $350.00|
|Chair||Up to $150.00|
|Bookcase||Up to $150.00|
|Trash Can||Up to $10.00|
|Recycling Bin||Up to $10.00|
|Drapes||Up to $1000.00/Room|
|Floor Lamp||Up to $100.00|
|Wardrobe||Up to $500.00|
This price schedule is provided as a reminder that there are specific costs related to readying rooms for the next occupant. Our goal in sharing this information is to encourage you to do what it takes to avoid being charged.