Here are some common sense tips to help you keep Brown safe:
- Keep the door to your room locked at all times. Any time you leave your room, make sure your door is locked behind you. Leaving your door unlocked, even just to go down the hall to take a shower, leaves your room unprotected.
- Keep the exterior door to your residence hall locked at all times. Do not prop the door open, and do not allow others to "tailgate" into the residence hall behind you.
- If you lose your key(s), report it immediately. Leaving your door unlocked, or leaving your roommate's key "hidden" somewhere you can both use it is quite a security risk. The Residential Life staff can spot the common "hiding" places; so can someone who wants to break into your room.
- Do not walk alone at night. Use the safeRIDE shuttle, SafeWalk or walk with friends. If you feel you are being followed when walking, go to an Emergency Phone (look for the blue light above it) and push the button to call Public Safety immediately.
- Report all crimes. If you witness, discover or are the victim of any crime, call Public Safety immediately (401-863-4111).