Skip over navigation
2016 Undergraduate Summer Housing Request Form

Through the Office of Residential Life at Brown University, we offer housing to Brown University students and students from other universities who have a summer affiliation with Brown University.  A summer affiliation would be participation in a department program or working with a faculty member.  If a student is not affiliated with Brown University and would like housing, visit the Auxillary Housing website for resources at

If a student is enrolled in a summer Brown University undergraduate course and would like housing, please visit or contact the School of Professional Studies at  The School for Professional Studies coordinates housing for students enrolled in summer courses.

If you would like summer housing, please complete the Summer Housing Request Form by Friday, May 20, 2016.  If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Meadows, Program Manager at

Summer housing is offered from Sunday, June 5, 2016 to Saturday, August 13, 2016.  

Undergraduate students will be assigned to live in Minden Hall (121 Waterman Street) or 315 Thayer Street.  

Minden Hall is unique in its configuration of having many rooms organized into singles, doubles, and three-person suites that contain a private bathroom. Not all bedroom doors in suites are lockable because of the bathroom configuration and some suites do not contain showers and instead rely upon shower rooms off the hall. Minden Hall has a kitchen on its first floor containing two ovens, but has no stove tops.

315 Thayer Street is made of stand alone singles and suites consisting two to six singles.  The stand alone singles shared a common bathroom in the hallway.  The suites has kitchen with a refrigerator, a sink, and counter tops.  In the basement, there is a common kitchen with a refrigerator and an oven with a stove top.

Each student has a bed, desk, desk chair, dresser, and wardrobe.  If a student would like to rent linens, a fan, or a micro-fridge, they can contact Brown Student Agencies at ( Our residence halls have common spaces, laundry rooms, and trash/recycling areas for all students to use.  Information about laundry can be found through the Brown Card Office (  Note that we do not have air conditioning.

Room assignments are emailed to students at least one week prior to arrival.  If a student is participating in a program with other students, all students will be housed in the same area of one residence hall.  Brown University offers a range of services and accommodations to assist students with housing.  If a student is seeking assistance, please contact the Office of Student and Employee Accessibility Services (

Students may live on campus ranging from one week up to 10 weeks, costing $255 each week or $2,400 for the entire ten weeks.  Payment for Brown University students will be billed to their student account.  If a student is from a different university/ college, payment is either paid by the student in full prior to move-in or paid by the department or program they are participating in.

If a student would like to have a meal plan, they can contact Brown Dining Services by emailing Lisa Sargent at or Al Anderson at

** All students must follow the Office of Residential Life Policies and Procedures outlined here: