Off-Campus Permission 2017-2018
The off-campus application is not currently available. The deadline for submitting an Off-Campus Application was no later than Wednesday, November 30, 2016.
All current undergraduate students wishing to live off-campus for the next academic year (September 2017 to May 2018 ) must apply for off-campus permission; this includes all students wishing to live in Brown-owned off-campus residences. Off-campus permission is both a group and an individual process and is not granted automatically. More information on the treatment and formation of groups is available at the beginning of the application. Approval is granted until a student graduates from the University or takes a leave of absence. Permission will not be granted for just the Spring 2018 semester. Students who receive permission and then take a leave of absence or study abroad during Fall 2017 will have their permission cancelled and will need to reside on-campus upon their return to campus in Spring 2018 .
RUE (Resumed Undergraduate Education) students, married students, students who will commute from a home address within 30 miles or 30 minute of campus, and students who will reside with the Brown Association of Cooperative Housing (BACH) do not need to participate in this process but must complete a Non-Resident Intent Form annually.
Please be aware of the following while completing the application process:
- applications will only be accepted on-line
- an active Brown username (ex. jcarberry) will be required to submit an application
- only the following students will be eligible to apply
- students with a projected semester level of 5 or greater for the Fall 2017 semester
- students active in the Registrar's records at the time of application
- students currently on-leave or study abroad with an expected readmit date of either Spring 2017 or Fall 2017, in the Registrar's records
- students may only complete the application for themselves, students who experience difficulty in completing the application on-line should contact Res_Life@brown.edu for assistance
- prior to completing the application you will view an off-campus slideshow with important information about off-campus living.
|Eligibility||Students with a projected semester level of 5 or greater for the Fall 2017 semester|
|(First Wave) Projected semester level 7 or greater||Wednesday, September 7, 2016|
|(First Wave) Projected semester level 5 or greater||Tuesday, November 15, 2016|
|Approval notification (via e-mail)|
|(First Wave) Projected semester level 7 or greater||No earlier than Thursday, September 8, 2016|
|(First Wave) Projected semester level 5 or greater||No earlier than Friday, December 2, 2016|
|Last day for projected semester level 7 or greater to apply to be guaranteed permission||Monday, October 17, 2016|
|Last day to submit an application|
|(First Wave) Projected semester level 7 or greater||Monday, October 17, 2016|
|(First Wave) Projected semester level 5 or greater||Wednesday, November 30, 2016|
Approval decisions are based upon semester level and enrollment numbers for the Fall 2017 semester. Any student who is a projected semester level 7 or higher for Fall 2017 and applies by Monday, October 17, 2016 will be guaranteed Off-Campus Permission. Therefore, there are a limited number of students whose semester level is below 7 who are granted off-campus permission.
If you are ready to continue with the off-campus application process at this time please click the link below: