Wayland is in an unbelievable location! I met my best friends in Wayland!
Residence Hall Features
- Communal baths are located on each floor.
- Communal kitchens with microwaves, ranges, and refrigerators are located in the basement.
- Communal lounges located in the basement and on the first floor.
- Laundry, trash, and recycling facilities located in the basement.
Residence Hall Rooms
- Singles: 36
- Doubles: 58
- Quads: 1
Items Provided in Room
- A bed (11.5 inches clearance from the floor) with twin extralong mattress and pillow
- A desk and chair
- A bookcase
- A dresser
- A built-in closet
- A wastebasket
- A recycling bin (shared between roommates)
- General room lighting
- Please see the New Student FAQ for suggestions on items to bring and not to bring.
Residential Peer Leaders
Wayland House houses 1 Resident Counselor and 1 Women Peer Counselor. The first year counselors are there to provide educational and social opportunities as well as aid in the transition to life at Brown. Furthermore, Ethan Pollock, Assistant Professor of History, is the Faculty Fellow for the building, hosting weekly study breaks for students in the region.
Appling, Deionte, class of 2016
Resident Counselor (Unit 14)
Sweeney, Heather, class of 2016
Women Peer Counselor (Unit 12)
Wayland House Forum
The Wayland House Forum is a place to meet other students in your residence hall, discuss your housing assignments, or anything else that affects life in Wayland House.
Here is what people are currently discussing.