My friends and I often bake things (like cakes or brownies) in the kitchen. Just chilling in the kitchen is a great way to build relationships, since you're all waiting for something that you then enjoy together.
Residence Hall Features
- Semi-private bathroom per approximately 5 residents.
- Communal lounges are located on the first and third floors.
- Communal kitchens with microwave and refrigerator are located on each floor. The fourth floor kitchen also has a range.
- Laundry facilities are located on each floor.
- Trash and Recycling facilities are located in the basement.
- Satellite fitness facility located on the ground level.
- Verney-Woolley Dining Hall located on ground level.
- Elevator located in building.
Residence Hall Rooms
- Singles: 21
- Doubles: 113
Items Provided in Room
- A bed (11.5 inches clearance from the floor) with twin extralong mattress and pillow
- A desk and chair
- A bookcase
- A dresser
- A moveable wardrobe
- A wastebasket
- A recycling bin (shared between roommates)
- General room lighting
- Please see the New Student FAQ for suggestions on items to bring and not to bring.
Residential Peer Leaders
Emery-Woolley houses 1 Resident Counselor, 1 Women Peer Counselor and 1 Resident Counselor Rep. The first year counselors are there to provide educational and social opportunities as well as aid in the transition to life at Brown. Furthermore, Leslie Bostrom, Associate Professor of Art, is the Faculty Fellow for the building, hosting weekly study breaks for students in the region.
Abarca, Cindy, class of 2016
Resident Counselor (Unit 26)
Blake, Colin, class of 2015
Resident Counselor Rep (Unit 24)
Jordan, Maggie, class of 2016
Women Peer Counselor (Unit 23)