Keeney is close to almost everything – the Main Green, the Rock, the Ratty, the frats, and Thayer Street. Also, Keeney has lounges throughout the building, which are great social spaces!
Part of Keeney Quadrangle, which opened in 1957 as West Quadrangle (later renamed in honor of President Barnaby Keeney), Bronson House is part of the largest self-contained residential unit on campus. About 600 students live in the six connected buildings. The six buildings are arranged in alphabetical order, forming a figure eight, starting with Archibald House at the corner of Brown and Benevolent, and ending with Poland House parallel to Benevolent Street.
The rooms are primarily doubles, although there are some singles scattered throughout. Most of the doubles are filled with first-year students and the singles are occupied by Counselors or upper-class students.
Residence Hall Features
- Communal baths are located throughout Keeney Quad.
- Communal kitchens with microwaves, ranges, and refrigerators are located on the first floor.
- Study lounge located on the fifth floor of Poland House and 24 hour study lounge in Arnold Lounge.
- Satellite fitness facility located in Bigelow Lounge.
- Laundry facilities located in the basement of Archibald House and Mead House.
- Approximately 450 freshman split between 8 units.
Residence Hall Rooms
- Singles: 15
- Doubles: 50
- Triples: 2
Items Provided in Room
- A bed (11.5 inches clearance from the floor) with twin extralong mattress and pillow
- A desk and chair
- A built-in bookcase
- A dresser
- A built-in closet
- A wastebasket
- A recycling bin (shared between roommates)
- General room lighting
- Please see the New Student FAQ for suggestions on items to bring and not to bring.
Residential Peer Leaders
Bronson House houses . The first year counselors are there to provide educational and social opportunities as well as aid in the transition to life at Brown. Furthermore, Bill Suggs, Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, is the Faculty Fellow for the building, hosting weekly study breaks for students in the region.
, , class of