Winter Closing Notice
All residence halls (except Grad Center) will close on Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 9 a.m. All doors will be locked and card access will be disabled at this time. Heat and hot water will be curtailed during the break. A walk though of all rooms by University personnel accompanied by officers from the Department of Public Safety will take place to ensure that windows and doors are secured and the heating systems are set appropriately. On campus residences will reopen on Saturday, January 18, 2014.
If you require on-campus housing before residence halls open for spring semester, you must fill out a spring early arrival housing request.
If you have had any prohibited items confiscated by the offices of Residential Life or Environmental Health and Safety during the health and safety inspection process, you are responsible for retrieving these items prior to your departure for the winter break. Please contact our office at 401-863-3502 to make arrangements for pick up. All unclaimed items will be discarded on Friday, December 20th, 2013 at noon.
If extenuating circumstances require you to seek housing during the winter break, you will need to make arrangements to sublet a room from a resident living in Grad Center. You and the resident will need to complete a Winter Break Sublet Application at our office by December 15, 2013 so that we can activate your card access for that building.
Please follow these guidelines as you prepare to leave for winter break:
- Close and lock all your windows. If any windows or locks are broken, please call 401-863-7800.
- Remove all trash and open food from your room and refrigerator. Please use trash rooms rather than leaving it in the hallway.
- Unplug all appliances except refrigerators. This will protect your items from potential power surges.
- Take valuables with you.
- Be kind to animals. Pets (legal or illegal) will not survive for a month.
- Water and cover your plants with plastic bags. Please do not leave them in the bathroom.
- Do not forget your ROOM KEYS, Brown ID, passport, medications or plane tickets.
- Lock all doors and shut off lights.